Sunday, January 1

An Unexpected Email from my Past Self that Might've Come Through the Twilight Zone

Today, I received an email from futureme.org. I'd forgotten that I even wrote this. It just showed up in my inbox a few minutes ago, a letter from myself ten months ago.

It's sort of surreal, to be quite honest.

___________________________________________

You are stronger than you think. You have found that you are the type of person who is a mediator, who walks her own path and yet who follows when there is an easier walkway. You have sobbed uncontrollably over Wes, and you know that you should never have.

Maybe by now you two have forgiven each other. Maybe you two never will. It doesn't mean life is over. Things are just beginning.

We both know this.

So just snuggle up to your Pepper, and remember that even when things seem the bleakest, they're not. You have yourself, and that's really all you need.

Congratulations, you have survived the year after the Unrequited Five.

___________________________________________

Thank you, past me. Really, thank you.